Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Reactivate Thoughts

This page has laid dormant for far too long.  I can't believe it's been nearly a year!  Apparently my brother-in-law said to my husband, "I really can't believe she doesn't have a blog..."

WELL I DO.

I've just been....distracted?  Lazy?  Busy?  Yeah.  All of the above.

We're up to four kids now.  Insane, right?  Ten pregnancies, 4 take-home babies, 2 spouses permanently "fixed," and a partridge on a tight budget in a small house.  Four is enough for us.  Well, under our current circumstances.  I seem to have lost my mind and would LOVE two more: larger house and lottery win or drastic income increase required).  But honestly, I can't put myself through any more losses.  So, if the unimaginable were to happen, part of that money, due to both logistics and heartbreak, would also go to IVF.  Assuming the husband also got over his current "No. F*cking. Way" stance.

Blackmail and alcohol would probably need to be involved.

But here's the thing: I don't just want this place to be an infertility/RPL or Mommy Blog.  I'm just not that kind of woman, having constant sadness to rehash, kid stories, or cute crafts to share.  Yes, I'll probably share some cooking stuff, because I love to cook and I'm pretty good at it and, let's be honest, I love to show off my fancy stuff.  But my reality is that I'm in need of a full-time job, I have constant home projects going on, I'm highly opinionated about politics and news stories, I love making my daughter's hair into fancy braids, I have relationship and body-image stresses like everyone else, I have products and companies with which sudden obsessions that need to be shared manifest, I have a BSBA in Marketing, an MBA in Strategic Management and an analytical brain that need an outlet, and sometimes I just get bored and need to ramble about observations or experiences that I've had.

So let's just say that this could become a clusterf*ck of posts about the most random of things.  Welcome to my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment